Journey to July Comp

Journey to my first ever figure competition - 14 weeks out and lots and lots of work to be done.

Friday, June 30, 2006

TWO WEEKS OUT FROM COMP

Let just say I am very excited - I would have said "stressed" but I am not allowed to use that word so the word of the month is "excited".

I have a busy two weeks leading up to comp. Tomorrow Saturday I start work at 7:00am cause we are running end of financial year and then I have normal work and open homes and of course all the paper work - that should take me until 2:00 when the gym opens and I will do my gym and cardio and then it is straight to a bridal shower for one of the lovely girls at the office and then straight from their to a friends house for a BBQ - no doubt that will not be an early night.

i am going into the office on Sunday at 5:00am so I can catch up on some work because I have to fly out to queensland on Wednesday. Sunday I will need to to cardio and gym and I have not practiced my posing at all for weeks. I can't get my routine and I am just hopeless at posing so I have some serious work to do there.

Wednesday I fly to queensland and don't get back home until Friday night. Jo Rogers is going to see me one night after she finishes at work to help me with some posing.

On the Saturday that I return to Dubbo I have more work and open houses and then a gardening course for the rest of the day. I will work all day on the Sunday and then try and get organised between work and gym and cardio and posing to fly to Melbourne on the Wednesday.

Somewhere in the middle of all that I have to do all my cardio and gym and posing and pack and wax and all those other things that you need to do.

Anyway just checking in to tell you this will probably be my last check in before comp. I am really scared but everything is going smoothly so far. God I forgot have to cook and freeze to prepare to take food away as well.

It is also tax time and the accountant said he wants all my gear by the 15th July - I told him he had bucklies - so I have agreed to do it by the 19th - guess what I am doing as soon as I come home from comp.

In the middle of all this I turn 50 on the 9th July but I am not going to celebrate my birthday until I come back home to Dubbo after the comp - think I will sit down in a quite corner with a bottle of red to myself and indulge :)

Everyone have a great couple of weeks and I will update you with my experience after comp.

Oh most important thing I nearly forgot - what am I going to eat after comp :)

Live with Passion
Kimmy

14 Comments:

  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger Miss Positive said…

    Wow Kimmy I cant believe how busy your schedule is at the moment, I dont blame you for being 'stressed' (even though we're not allowed to use that word!!)

    Best wishes for the countdown to comp, I'm sending you positive vibes!

    Hilary xx

     
  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger Mel said…

    I'll be thinking of your for your comp Kimmy! You will be great, no matter what - its your own personal achievements that count the most.

    Mel.
    x

     
  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger LizN said…

    Kimmy
    I am seeing Jo on Wednesday too - but early. If you want to meet up on Thursday/Friday let me know :)

    Hugs
    Liz;)

     
  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger Sue Heintze said…

    You are SUPERHUMAN to be able to do all that and compete at the same time. I couldn't do it. I tried something similar when I prepared for my first comp and never again will I not allow myself enough "ME" time especially in the final four weeks. Kimmy, you are the strongest and most determined woman I know. And WE will be celebrating your birthday on comp night!! Yay, go us, food, food, food...and maybe some drinks :)

     
  • At Sunday, July 02, 2006, Blogger Kerry said…

    I'm doing my best to get there. I'm bringing the champagne. I still have the comp pencilled in. Stressed is dessert spelled backwards, perhaps that's what you should eat, forget anything with vegies.!!!!!!!!!!!
    See you soon, love Kerry

     
  • At Wednesday, July 05, 2006, Blogger Sam D-M said…

    cooooooeeeeee Kimmy, hiya

    stay strong mate! we are close

    Sam

     
  • At Thursday, July 06, 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    You'll be GREAT Kimmy!!! Best of luck and have a happy birthday this weekend too xxx

     
  • At Friday, July 07, 2006, Blogger Michelle said…

    Best of luck Kimmy!!!!

    I can't wait to see the pics!!

    YOU ARE ABOUT TO MAKE YOUR DREAM COME TRUE!!!!!

    xo - Michelle

     
  • At Sunday, July 09, 2006, Blogger RaeC said…

    Just wanted to wish you good luck sweetie and I'll see you backstage!! You'll be AWESOME!! Your goal for this year is about to be realised!! Love Rae xxx

     
  • At Saturday, July 15, 2006, Blogger Chontelle said…

    Best of luck Kimmy! Congratulations for making it this far, and I am sure you will do great! Looking forward to seeing some pics! :o)

    Love Chontelle xx

     
  • At Sunday, July 16, 2006, Blogger Chontelle said…

    I just read that you got a 2nd place on Sue's blog! WOO-HOO! That is fantastic! Congratulations!

     
  • At Sunday, July 16, 2006, Blogger RaeC said…

    Congratulations Kimmie on such an awesome job. I never had any doubt you would find yourself onstage this year and to place second is just the best news!! Love you lots and am sooooooo happy for you and your well deserved reward!! xxx

     
  • At Monday, July 17, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Congratulations on a job well done. Very proud of your accomplishments over the weekend. You are proof that we get better and better over time.
    Love,
    Marie

     
  • At Monday, July 17, 2006, Blogger Michelle said…

    Kimmy I've cheated and viewed your pics on others blogs.....

    I just had to tell you YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!!!

    Well Done!!

    You made your goal a reality!!!!

    XX - Michelle

     

Post a Comment

<< Home