Journey to July Comp

Journey to my first ever figure competition - 14 weeks out and lots and lots of work to be done.

Friday, August 04, 2006

9 MONTHS TO LOSE AND 9 DAYS TO GAIN

Hi Everyone - it seems like months since I last posted.

BIG THANK YOU to everyone who has left messages on my blog - it was lovely.

I have been celebrating my 50th for the past 3 weeks - Moet, Chocolate, any kind of bad unhealthy food that you can think of - every single food I wrote in the back of my diary that I wanted and couldn't have while I was training for the comp. Awesome effort from me :)

THAT BRINGS ME TO MY TITLE - It took me nine months to get into comp shape and it took me 9 days to put the same weight back on again - can you believe that!!!!.

I have had the best 3 weeks celebrating my 50th - and as Jaime has said with her poor friend passing way - LIFE IS TOO SHORT - so no regrets just lots of fun and it was all worth it. I definitely best start being healthy again or that MIDDLE AGE spread will start happening.

Well doing my comp was the most aweseome experience and I don't think I have even had so much fun - not the comp itself but the leadup to comp and everthing that happened to me during the weekend - every time we turned around we were laughing about something - I think everyone was probably laughing at me most of the time - it was just a crack up :) I am sitting here laughing while I am typing this just thinking about it - guess you had to be there.

Had a great time with all the girls - everyone is so lovely. Just a shame that we didn't have more time to sit and catch up.

I said I would never do another comp - I just wanted to prove to myself that I could do it at my age and I have done that but Sue has talked me into doing the Nationals. So starting from tomorrow I am back to healthy food and exercise. 12 weeks to go.

I had already booked a girls weekend in Melbourne on the same weekend as the Nationals and all my mad friends from Dubbo are going to be with me so i thought it would be fun to do the comp and have my drunken friends in the audience barracking - so that is the plan.

Ali is coming back over in October and most of the other girls that were there will be in Melbourne that weekend as well - so it should be heaps of fun. I just have to get my head in the right place and away we go again.

I got home from my comp and had a message on my phone from the doctor saying he was still concerned with my biopsy and wanted me to come in and have another one (I have already had four, been to Sydney for a second opinion and they told me my lump was gone and then they phoned me to say they were still not happy and wanted this other biopsy. I told the doctor that the lump was gone but after having more scans done - the lump is still there. I couldn't go thru the biopsy again just then so he has given me 2 months before I go back and have it done again.

I had to laugh - I had no breasts left (after dieting) and I was covered in spray tan etc - I must have looked a sight - I had to explain to him what I had been doing and he just laughed and asked me what my diet was and said he wished everyone of his patients ate that healthyly - Just as well that was straigh after comp and not now - cause it would be a different story - no healthy food for a whole three weeks - i am craving healthy food so that is good.

So life is hectic again and lots to do - so my goal is to check in to blog once a week - not sure if I can catch up with everyones blogs as I just don't have the spare time but I will definitely blog my journey and would love to hear from anyone who cares to leave a message.

I had the best leg workout today - 7 sets of squats, then supersets of extensions with squats, then one leg press, then ham curls, then calf press - my legs were shaking at the end of it - I am nearly too frightened to go to sleep cause I know that are going to be very sore tomorrow. :)

I also have a funeral to go to tomorrow. He also died from cancer - he tried to cure himself without all the chemo but gave into chemo about a year ago and passed away this week. He was only in his 40's - way too young. His funeral is in the morning - it will probalby be a big funeral - he was a very good well known hairdresser (not your typical hairdresser) looked like he should have been a football player - married - and a keen bike rider.

Hope everyone else has been healthy and exercising.

Keep living with passion
Kimmy

12 Comments:

  • At Saturday, August 05, 2006, Blogger Michelle said…

    Kimmy I'm so sorry to hear about the untimely passing of your friend!

    You, however, have already beaten that same demon - and I know these Dr.'s are just making sure that you continue living a long healthy life - with PASSION!!!!

    I can't wait to follow the next 12 weeks!

    XX - Michelle

    “One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure its worth watching.”
    Author Unknown

     
  • At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Blogger Tracey said…

    It is good to feel sore Kimmy.

    Congradulations on going to Nationals, would be so much fun. You are a true admiration, I just hope that when I am your age, that I have the energy to keep on keeping on like you!!

    Cant wait to see ur pics of the next comp.

     
  • At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Blogger RaeC said…

    Oh Kimmy!! I'm so glad to hear you are going to be at the Nationals... I promise to try not to walk past you again, but I am a bit single-minded backstage... LOL!! I'm very excited you are doing another comp!! xxx

     
  • At Sunday, August 06, 2006, Blogger RaeC said…

    40 is just far too young. Cancer is just such a sucky disease... I've seen it ravage far too many people I love and care about... you being one of them. My thoughts and prayers are with you, his friends and family. xxx

     
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger Miss Positive said…

    Kimmy I'm very sorry to hear about your friends passing, I guess any age is usually too young for most.

    I've got my fingers and toes crossed for you for the biopsy.

    Happy to hear that you're going back to compete at the Nationals! I'm not sure I'll be able to make it this time, but I'm going to try!

    Have a great week

    Hilary xx

     
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger LizN said…

    Kimmy,

    I will look forward to meeting you at Nationals.

    Hugs
    Liz;)

     
  • At Monday, August 07, 2006, Blogger Ali said…

    Hi there :) I did legs today.......so I know what you mean. Well I hope I can walk tomorrow.....lol

    Hope you had a great weekend and are back to full on training and eating well :)

    Just emailed you, have a great day tomorrow!!!

    Ali xxx

     
  • At Thursday, August 10, 2006, Blogger Jodi said…

    Congratulations on placing 2nd Kim!!! That was a fantastic reward for all your efforts.....I'm glad you had such a great time during the comp and the weeks following....enjoying life is the most precious gift....Nice to see you are heading to the Nationals!!! Good luck with your comp prep again.

     
  • At Monday, August 14, 2006, Blogger Maraina said…

    Welcome back Kimmy,

    Sorry to hear the sad news about your friend :(

    Good on you for going to the Nationals! Well done. Am looking forward to reading your progress. All the best.

    Maraina

     
  • At Monday, August 14, 2006, Blogger Sam D-M said…

    Hey hey Kimmy,

    Looking forward to spending more time with you at the Nationals (now I am staying with you guys). I sooo hope you repeat 'the feast' cause i will be their this time!!

    Sam

     
  • At Tuesday, August 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You were fantastic at the comps Kimmy...looking forward to seeing you up there again at the nationals.Thinking of you with your biopsy, they're not nice to have , especially 4, however Dr's are amazing these days and I'm sure you're in good hands. regards Jacinta

     
  • At Saturday, August 26, 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Happy Birthday (as I messed it) and great to hear you are doing the mationals. I'm sorry to hear about your friend, I hope the funeral was a wonderful celebration of his life xx

     

Post a Comment

<< Home