Journey to July Comp

Journey to my first ever figure competition - 14 weeks out and lots and lots of work to be done.

Monday, August 28, 2006

IT'S ALL OVER ROVER OR HAS IT JUST BEGUN

I have had an awesome week – food on track, gym on track and cardio on track. I Am further ahead at this stage then I was 9 weeks out from the July comp so I am feeling really good.

I had a real big heart to heart with my hubby about a number of things (5 hours of very serious heart to heart) and he does not want me to do the Nationals. We spoke in depth about it and he is not being horrible but is really concerned about my health. He said he didn’t say anything last time because he was just speechless and was really concerned as to how thin I had become – espcially if I got sick again and had to go through what I went through last time (as you know they are still playing around with tests etc – and I have to have another biopsy at the end of September.

He reminded me that he supported me last time (July comp) even tough he really didn’t want me to do it and I promised him then that once I had done the July comp that that would be that.

He isn’t being horrible but is really concerned about my health so he has asked me to decide as to what I want to do knowing that he is totally against it.

So for the first time in my entire life – I am going to do want he wants (he will probably collapse and have a heart attack because I can’t thing of one other time that I have not done something that I really wanted to do (no matter what he has said)– but I just feel that if I have to spend another 25 years with this man that I have to prove to him that I do respect him and how he feels – if only this once. I know I can do it again and I will still be training and eating well but I have been having a mental struggle as to what I should do and I have tonight decided that I will do what I think is the right thing to do at this particular moment - so I will NOT be doing the Nationals.

I will still be coming along to the Nationals so I will catch up with everyone there and of course I will be going to the “pig out” afterwards with all my mad friends.

I am really dissapointed but I know in my heart that this is the right thing to do for me right at this moment.

Hope everyone understands.Keep training hard and will catch up soon.

All I can say is that I must really Love this man :)

Kimmy

15 Comments:

  • At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Splice said…

    Hey Kimmy :-)
    You know I think your decision is not just based on you wonderful husbands concerns, but maybe deep down your own concerns too. If this is the case you know you are doing the right thing.
    Health first always!
    You will still have a great time on the day with all your friends and you being there for everyone is the best support ever.
    I think your doing the right thing :-)
    Deb xxx

     
  • At Tuesday, August 29, 2006, Blogger Ali said…

    hello my dear, You know what ever you decided would always stick by you :)
    Can't wait to catch up, take care and have a great week,

    Ali xxx

     
  • At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Blogger Cherie said…

    Hi Kimmy,
    You have done absolutely fantastic to get where you are today. You should be so proud. Don't feel bad about giving yourself some time out to get your health back on track!

    You've done comp once and like you said, you can always do it again.

    I can't wait to meet you at the Nationals!

    Take care x
    ;o)

     
  • At Wednesday, August 30, 2006, Blogger Miss Positive said…

    Kimmy I reckon as long as you are happy and healthy, then that is the most important thing. You did what you set out to achieve, and you did a bloody awesome job too!

    Wish I was coming to Nationals to watch with you! Not gonna happen this time though :(

    Hilary xx

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Blogger Kerry said…

    Bravo Kimmy,
    congrats on the decision. I think your reason for not competing is beautiful and I would do exactly the same.
    See you there
    Kerry

     
  • At Thursday, August 31, 2006, Blogger Maraina said…

    YOu are a wonderful and courageoous woman. You have achieved so much, I congratulate you. Stay healthy!

    Maraina
    xxx

     
  • At Monday, September 04, 2006, Blogger Michelle said…

    You've already achieved more than most!

    Live Your Life with Passion!!!

    XX - Michelle

     
  • At Monday, September 04, 2006, Blogger LizN said…

    Kimmy,

    You have to do what you feel is right for you - good on you ;)

    Looking forward to meeting you in Melbourne

    Hugs
    Liz n

     
  • At Wednesday, September 06, 2006, Blogger little rene said…

    I don't think that there is anything in the world more special than having a deep and meaningful relationship with your husband Kimmy.

    He obviously loves you very much and is concerned for your well being so I think you have made the right decision.

    You seem like such a beautiful person I don't blame him for wanting you around forever!

    love

    rene :)

     
  • At Thursday, September 07, 2006, Blogger Mel said…

    Hey Kimmy,

    What a hard decision to make! It must have been very hard and very hard for your husband to totally confess what he really feels, sounds like he loves you very much - you are very lucky!

    Love,
    Mel.

     
  • At Sunday, October 01, 2006, Blogger Rachel said…

    Hi Kimmy. I hope all is ok. How did your biopsy go?

     
  • At Wednesday, December 20, 2006, Blogger Jodi said…

    Just wanted to say Kimmy I followed you progress to you comp, you achieved an awesome goal this year. I hope your health is okay and I hope all is good as we have not heard from you in ages.

    I want to wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, I hope 07 is an exceptional year for you and your family.

     
  • At Sunday, December 24, 2006, Blogger RaeC said…

    Hi Kimmy, just wanted to say Merry Christmas and I hope 2007 is the biggest and best year yet for you xxx

     
  • At Saturday, April 07, 2007, Blogger RaeC said…

    Happy Easter Kimmy, I hope you have a lovely one and stay safe xxx

     
  • At Tuesday, May 08, 2007, Blogger Jaime-lee said…

    HEY KIMMY! ooooo good be have us all back on board again! Ive created a new blog to lead me to Oct comps.

    Jaime x

     

Post a Comment

<< Home